Gone are the days when one has to have a computer or a laptop to access the internet. With a tremendous amount of smart phones flooding the market, finding information literally is in ones pocket. This surely implies that there would be more hits on the websites owing to easy accessibility of the website. And getting your business listed on Google pages is important as the first result that people get to see during their searches on Android phones are from Google local. Google is also entering a local recommendation space with the recent launch of Hotspot. Consolidating the data that you and your friends like, it recommends your listed business and thus enables people to patronize your business giving you a cutting edge above your competitors. Thus it is very important to have your company listed on Google places to stay in business. It is very easy to maintain the top slot provided you follow some easy rules to stay in business.
Here are few tips to keep on mind to get maximum of the Google places:
1. Make sure your listing has cent percent score: There would be about 20 fields that are to be filled before you submit the form. Not all businesses will submit a complete form. So when you fill all of them your business will surely occupy the top slot in the listing when a search is queried.
2. Include keywords in your description: Mention your product, your locality and nearby suburbs in the keyword description. This helps you to target your actual market. Research says that about 73% search on Google is for local content and hence you are increasing your chances of prospective clients in your locality. By providing suitable information in the keyword description, your business will definitely be listed on the Google places when searched upon.
3. Have your clients write review on your listing of Google places: Understand that you have a lot of competitors in your locality and each of them might have a cent percent rating. In this case what do you think are your listing chances upon a Google Search? To maintain a top slot, encourage your clients to give your business listing feedback so that the system has a good reason to list you on top in the Google places. More the reviews, more the chances of your business to be listed on top.
4. Get listed on local phone books and other websites: You may wonder why should you get listed in local phone books now that you are trying to get listed on Google places? The reason is that Google establishes data both in their data base and also the checks for local information. If it does not find you there, your chances of being listed on top slots become grim. They might not consider your business to be a genuine one and hence it becomes important that you get listed on local phone books and websites.
Marketing your business online becomes effective only when it has proper listing and SEO. Follow the above steps and enjoy the top slots of the Google places business listings.
About The author: Alyssa is an internet marketer/blogger. She loves travelling, meeting new peoples and SEO Services. These days she is working on feature that is related to SEO Morpheus that has affected due to recent Google and penguin update.
|< Prev||Next >|
Show Other Articles Of This Author
- Autoresponders for Ecommerce: Better than a Sec... (17 February 2012)